McArthur is very proud to recognize at our Monthly School Assembly students who distinguish themselves our character building and leadership programs:
Each month students are recognized by their teachers (and our lunchroom supervisors)and earn "Lunch with the Principal".
As part of our "Green" program one class in each month will be awarded the Golded Garbage Can for being the cleanest room.
At McArthur School we celebrate Student Achievement and Effort semi-annually after each reporting period with a Scholar's Breakfast. Students who achieve the below listed in their core subjects – Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science are invited to bring their families to school for breakfast. We believe that honouring students’ hard work is important to creating a culture of achievement and striving to always do our best.
The achievements recognized are:
- For Outstanding Achievement in 3 Core Subjects
- Certificate of Merit
- For Outstanding Achievement in 4 Core Subjects
- Honourable Effort
McArthur School celebrates at the Year End School Awards Assembly in recognition and awards for:
- of all the above, including
- the achievements and improvements of students
- School clubs: MC Club, Volunteerism, Choir, Running Club, Patrols, Student Secretary, Moovalous Reading Club, Chess Club