McArthur is very proud to recognize at our Monthly School Assembly students who distinguish themselves in the following character building and leadership programs:
- Super Citizenship (Super C)
- Mcarthur Staff identify 12 core values that students need to know about and practice as part of being a student of strong character. These characters are recognized as Citizenship, Honesty, Fairness, Kindness, Empathy, Loyalty, Responsibility, Respect, Cooperation, Generosity, Trustiworthiness and Perseverance.
- Paw Draw
- Recognizing one student per grade for excellent behavior.
At McArthur School we celebrate Student Achievement and Effort semi-annually after each reporting period with a Scholar's Breakfast. Students who achieve the below listed in their core subjects – Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science are invited to bring their families to school for breakfast. We believe that honouring students’ hard work is important to creating a culture of achievement and striving to always do our best.
The achievements recognized are:
- For Outstanding Achievement in 3 Core Subjects
- Certificate of Merit
- For Outstanding Achievement in 4 Core Subjects
- Honourable Effort
McArthur School celebrates at the Year End School Awards Assembly in recognition and awards for:
- of all the above, including
- the achievements and improvements of students
- School clubs: MC Club, Volunteerism, Choir, Running Club, Patrols, Student Secretary, Moovalous Reading Club, Chess Club